Tuesday, September 22, 2009

From Art to Design to Art

Since I can remember I have been a artist, just like all my friends and peers who attended art school with. Most of us were the most talented artists in our High School's which lead us a all to career in art or design. Some in fine arts, graphics and illustrations, architecture and industrial design the path that I decided to follow.



I choose ID (industrial design) because I knew that there was a paying job on the other side of school, it Incorporated everything creative thinking, problem solving, drawings, model making and once you graduated the ability to go out and design products for the world. Well that is exactly what I do. I have been out of school since June 2004. I have at least 100 products on the market and many patents as well. The majority of these are in the Animal Product field which is a fun field to work in.



At some point I would love to peruse my own product development for my own company. I still have not figured out what that is or what field it will be in. Since I have graduated I have casually worked on my art and I am beginning to feel a building sensation to dig back into my work. I have had many ideas but nothing that feels polished or professional. 2010 will be the year that I relaunch my artwork and start thinking about what my future in the Industrial Design world will be. -D Racer

No comments:

Post a Comment